Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

X Stretch

So today was X Stretch day, or my 'rest' day.  Which I suppose it could be called that, but I still worked up a pretty decent sweat.

I don't know how that makes me feel.

Does it make me feel good about really pushing myself to stretch?

No.

Does it make me feel like I'm super out of shape?

Yes.  A resounding YES.

Seriously, the stretch routine was roughly 55 minutes.  And I got sweaty.  Not as sweaty as on the Kenpo X days or the Plyo days, but sweaty nonetheless.

Seriously.

There were some stretches that I just couldn't do.

Let me rephrase.

There were some sketches that my gut wouldn't let me get into the position into which the stretch would have been productive.

Garbage.

I tried to 'tuck' it to the side and move it to the other side of my leg so I could turn more.

No dice.

It just started pinching on the other side.

So yeah.

I'm glad that I'm doing this workout and all that, but this whole too fat to stretch thing kind of has me bumming.

Probably shouldn't have had those three mini bean burritos at the hotel happy hour.

Sue me.

I was hungry.

Hence the gut.

Hence the not being able to stretch because of the gut.

Therefore, further gut.

It's a vicious downward spiral, that I don't really know how to work my way around.

I guess one option would be to get up an hour and half earlier to work out in the morning.

Yeah.

Right.

Like that's a thing that people do.

Seriously.

It's been hard making myself stick to a 6:30pm work out time, so you can imagine what a 5:00am work out time would be like.

Pass.

I think I'll just stick with the evening one and try to eat lighter at the happy hour.  It's nice that they put out food though, because I can still bill the company for 'going out to eat dinner' during the week.

It's not that I don't use the money to by groceries.  I just don't like to eat out and I like being able to use that money elsewhere.

Oh well.

C'est la vie. Or however you spell it.

Side bar.

I worked about two hours from the hotel on Saturday (the VPN wouldn't work from my computer so the productivity went south fast), I put in about 6.5 hours on Sunday, 6.5 hours on Monday, and about an hour extra today.

This means that in our time entry program, I have worked 16 hours this pay period of regular time (they count the 8 hour holiday pay as regular time) and 16 hours of overtime.  This pay period started on Saturday.

I'm doubling down.

Ridiculous.

You'd think with all that working, I'd be able to go somewhere or do something.

False.

It's just going into the "Fund".

That's all for today folks.

Hasta.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy. I recently got my hands on Mr. Winch's P90X DVD's (he finished the program and is doing "Insanity" now, heard it was solid as well). Either way. I'm doing my "fitness test" this Saturday and Day 1 is next Monday. With football starting I should really workout more and at home (quit Palmer at end of August).

    Btw, I enjoying reading your blogs. Keep it up. Once you get a house the "Fund" gets depleted very quickly (see any contractor and they will explain the best form of payment pretty quickly).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the guys here says that he's got a quasi-legal copy of Insanity as well.

      I'm not sure if it's by the Beach Body folks or not, but I guess it doesn't involve any weights or bands or anything. So it would probably be better for on the road.

      Anywho, glad you like the blog.

      Delete