Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Applebee's

Well, that's the reason that I've not posted yesterday.

I was at Applebee's.

I closed down an Applebee's.

Which happens at 1am.

I don't really know what happened.

I think it was just a celebration of this being our last free Friday where we're not going to be exhausted.

A minimum work week of 5 twelve hour days starts on Monday at 6am.  From there we'll "reassess" our need to work weekends (Read: we're going to most likely be working weekends).

Anyway, back to Applebee's.

One of the guys and I went over for dinner at like 7:30 or 7:45.  It's a chain, I know, and I know that's against my protocol.  But we didn't even get back to the hotel until like twenty after six and there's not a lot of options that we saw, also, it's about 50 yards away from where I'm sleeping, so there's a big convenience factor.

So we're sitting and we're bullshitting, not much going on.  We ask the bartender about the fest that was supposed to be going on over there today and she didn't know anything about it.

Nothing doing.  We just kept sitting and eating and drinking.

Then the rest of our party from Chicago joined us and things started to pick up pace a bit.  The conversation drifted from sports, to drinking, to the fest down the road and if we should go or not, and to religion and back again.

It's pretty much your typical I'm getting drunk with work people so let's talk about everything we can think of, it's a thing.  Trust me.

I've done it quite a few times.

Anyway, after a time I switch to Irish whiskey on the rocks.

That's the downslant.

I can hold my liquor, that's not an issue.  It's just that I don't bounce back like I used to, so today's pretty much been a wash for me.  I did fill out my expense report today though, it's close to $3.8k in expenses.  We'll find out in a few days if it gets approved though.  Should be interesting.

Other things that were discovered is that the back-up catcher for the 2005 Chicago White Sox championship team apparently is from Pennsville and just lives up the road a bit.  He came back here to his home town and coaches little league and mows the lawn for fun.  A real Forrest Gump story with the "stupid is, as stupid does" part.

It's pretty crazy, I guess.  I'm not a sports person, neither do I really go all fanboy over anything, I don't really care how famous you are, you're still just another person to me.  One of the people we met at the bar says he knows him real well and that's a real stand-up guy, so that's always good to know.

The other thing that we found out about is that there's a polo game on Sunday at Brandywine park or something like that on the other side of the river.  The couple we met said that a polo field is roughly the size of either 6 or 9 football fields.  The woman said that most of the horses that they use are Thoroughbred horses do to size and speed.  They are apparently the horse of choice for the sport.  So we were invited to go along with the people we met because the guy's wife, who was there is playing this Sunday and she's won championships and trophies and the like, should be a good time.  I've never seen a polo game before.

Anyway, sorry for the lame post-up.  I just don't have a lot of funny today.  My head hurts and I'm exhausted.  I'm probably going to call it early tonight and just hang out in the room and watch TV.

But before you go and scold me, yes, I did still workout last night.  And, yes, I did still workout today.  Today's was just much worse than it probably should have been due to my present condition.  Although, today was Yoga X so I probably sweat out some of the toxins, so that's good.

Hasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment