Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Work + Working Out = Sickness = No Posts

Sorry for the extreme delay.

I've decided that getting up before 4:30 am, getting "home" between 6:45 and 7:30 pm and then working out for an hour to an hour and a half and then trying to cool down and relax enough to sleep is an improbability bordering on the insane.

I don't know that if I had kept up with it that I'd be here speaking with you today.  And as sad as I am to admit it.

P90X has defeated me.

For now.

It's just been too much all the time.  I was trying to build good habits and get into a routine of working out, but I'm crawling all over the plant all day, granted that's not working out, but I'm still sweating my ass off.  It's non-stop all the time.

And before we get all nit picky, I do have time to eat breakfast at work and lunch and take breaks here and there, but during those times I've generally got paperwork to keep up on.  It's a rough schedule that I've been maintaining and my health was suffering because of it.

So after staying in bed all of last weekend trying to shake this sickness and most of this week fighting to get over it, I've decided that I'm done working out for now.

I'm just going to put in my hours at work and come back here and read or watch youtube videos or netflix or something.  Decompress if you will.

My quality of life was suffering, so I'm done with it.

I'll try to get better about posting.  I'm also going to try to get better about calling people back.  I know that quite a few people deserve phone calls from me to update them on my status directly, but I've just been so beat at the end of the day, that entertaining the notion of calling people was enough to exhaust whatever stores I had left for the day.

So, in the coming weeks, I'll do my best to stay in better contact with them and with you all here.

No real hard promises, but I'm going to try.

My Grandma on my Dad's side sent me a book and I've been meaning to call and thank her about that.  She's also sent me newspaper and magazine clippings.

My Mom and Dad sent me a care package with some fruit snacks and stuff in it, so that's a thank you to them as well.

It's my fault for trying to over extend on an 'outage schedule' (my nuke workers will understand that, it's six 12 hour days, granted, I only worked about 9ish hours on Saturday, so I guess I can be grateful for that).

Long story cut short.  I'm sorry and I'll try to be better in the future.

Today's laundry day and then I'm going to do my best to relax for the rest of it.

S is coming to see me next weekend, so I'm doing my best to remove the remaining traces of sickness from my body so that I'll be up for hanging out.

I'll keep you posted as events unfold.

Hasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment