Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Jersey Day 9

Sorry for the unoriginal title, I'm running low on creative juices this week.

So for today I started the day in the Wilmington office in the usual manner (as described in the previous blog, shower, breakfast, drive.

Then spent the morning pulling drawing numbers off of other drawings.  Thrilling I know.  The people I'm working for understand that though.  They stop by periodically to reduce the tedium.  I did go to lunch with some of the folks today.

Wilmington is actually a very nice area, if you stay on a key few streets.  It turns pretty shady pretty quickly, but our office is right in the banking district and I guess the thing to do is to go to other places (banks, etc.) to get food from their cafeterias. Or restaurants or whatever you call it when it's mostly for the employees of the building but they also let the general public come in as well.  It seems like it's a pretty nice layout.  They change it up daily, but it's the same foods on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's every week.

I really seems like the people in the office are pretty much all foodies.  Or at least they all seem that way, everyone's got suggestions on where to eat and what's better than something else.  It's strange.  That is to say that there is still stuff like that in Chicago, but I don't think our hearts are really set on the argument, we know what we like on a personal level and don't really care if you like it or not.

S is very anti "Fast Foo's", but that's probably my favorite Chinese food.  Other people are "Big Al's Beef" fans, when I'd rather go to "Fontano's".  It's all relative.  Just like some people can tell the difference between an oaky chardonnay and a buttery chardonnay and others cannot.  It depends on what is pleasing to your unique palate.  I just don't think they get that here.

Anywho, the afternoon was much more productive, even if it wasn't any less tedious.  I was at the plant pulling information off of their system.  It's probably the least user friendly interface that I've seen in awhile.  But that's my cross to bear for the majority of tomorrow (when I'm not in meetings).

They have a cafeteria there that I might check out tomorrow.  I'm just not up for packing my lunch tonight.  P90X and I had another bout and I decided that I need to switch up the program a little bit.  I'll get it working by the time I leave I promise.

That's all I've got for today.  Sorry it's on the boring side, but you can't always win, someone has to lose.

Hasta.

P.S. The bartender for happy hour already knows my drink and started making it as soon as I got into the bar room at the hotel.  So progress is being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment