Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Working Out

I decided to try to start the P90X routine from the beginning instead of taking the P90X Lean route.  Turns out that the P90X Lean route is for AFTER you finish the regular one all the way through...

Why don't they spell that out in big letters for you?

To be perfectly honest though, they might spell it out.

I didn't read the whole booklet thing.  I skimmed it, browsed it really...fine.  I glanced at it.  Sue me.

So at this point I've done about the first 5 days of the routine.  It's been way more difficult than I had imagined.

Sure.  I know that P90X stands for Power 90 (Day) Extreme.  But I figured that I knew a fair amount of people that went through the program, they couldn't have been in that much better shape than me.

Well, turns out they are/were.  It's ridiculous, and as I said yesterday, I didn't even have the resistance bands for the first few days of the workout.  Also, I've not been doing the Ab Ripper X portion after the workouts because I thought it was just a weird snippet from the quasi-legal copy of it that I'm using...

No.

They expect you to crank out a 60ish minute workout and then do twenty minutes on your abs.  You've got to be kidding me.

There's no way that's healthy.

Granted.  I'm going to try to incorporate it from here forward, but it's pushing the limits of my muscles just to do the first 60ish minutes, and that's with only doing about half of the numbers that the people in the video are putting up.

I've been having a hard time walking from the Plyometrics day, which roughly translates to jump training for people who hate themselves.  It's pretty much all legs.  It's probably one of the hardest things that I've ever had to do.

Oh, yeah.  One of the guys in the Plyo video has a prosthetic leg.

What's that?

Yeah.

The right one is fake.

Bullshit.  The guy kills me in the workout. And he's got one leg.

I'm not a bipedist or however you want to phrase it.  I'm cool with amputees for whatever reason they might have been amputated.  I'm not prejudiced or anything.  I'm just saying that it's bullshit. Okay?

How does he get to be better than me?  Probably because he's already completed the P90X program.  He's a graduate.

If at the end of the 90 days I can do the whole Plyo day along with him, I'll consider it a success, but it's a long road from here.

Other than that, life is pretty status quo, other than the fact that I put in about 6.5 hours today and it's a Sunday.

Not fun.

It's all data retrieval work, so it's pretty mindless.  I don't have a lot going on around here and I'm trying to save up as much money as I can.  So putting in the time when I'm already away from home isn't a big deal.

Anyway, that's all I've got for you today.

Hasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment